Dear Parents of Applicants：
Please read carefully the guidelines for applying to Beijing SMIC Private School before filling out the application documents. Below you will see a checklist for you to use to determine if you are ready to submit your completed application. Should you have any questions or if we may be of help please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Office.
All students are subject to the following criteria for admission:
2.Grade 1 applicants must be at least six years of age by Aug 30th. Applicants have to apply for the grade corresponding to their previous grade; applicants shall not be permitted to skip a grade upon entering the school.
3.Applicants must be academically, developmentally and socially mature enough for their grade. Applicants must be linguistically prepared to be able to study in the language of their choice, either Chinese or English.
4.Applicants shouldn't have had disciplinary problems in their previous school.
5.Unfortunately, we do not accept special-needs students due to lack of special education resources.
6.Applicants must follow the registration procedures as required.
1.Parents who are interested in enrolling their children should consult the web site for information and application forms.
2.Testing arrangements will be made upon reception of all application materials. Applicants should take the entrance exam on the dates stipulated by the school. Test dates are on the website. Waiving the entrance exam may be considered if the students transfer from a similar curriculum with excellent achievement and cannot be physically present for the test. Admission to the school is contingent on the results of the entrance exam and past academic and behavior records.
4.A student may not take an entrance test of the same grade more than once in the same track during any school semester. Rejected applicants can only re-apply after half of year.
Help for Filling out the Application for Admissions
1. Application form: Print clearly to include all information about the child and contact information for parents/guardians
2. 1 ID photo of the applicant for the English Track (4cm x 5cm)
3. A copy of the first page of the child's passport (or TaiBao Zheng) and Visa, clearly reproduced.
4. Copies of the applicant's academic records (report cards) from the last two years; Chinese or English language records are acceptable, but other languages should be professionally translated into English in order to be accepted. Please do not submit original documents.
5. The Confidential Admissions Survey: This should be filled out by a teacher or administrator from the applicant's current school and returned to SMIC School.
6. A copy of Immunization Record
7. The Test fee (English Track: 300 RMB, non-refundable)
Applications will not be processed until our Admissions Office has received all items 1-7.
1. Click Here to download the application form.
2. Submit the application form and required materials (see the last page of appl. form).
3. Apply in person at the Admissions Office or through express mail.
4. Time for application: 1:30—4:00, every Tuesday and Thursday, no appointment needed during these hours. School tour is arranged on Wednesday and Friday, please make an appointment in advance.
5. G1 students take a combination of oral and written test; G2—G12 students take a written test on English Reading and Math. All students are evaluated for their level of spoken language.
Thank you for your interest in the Beijing SMIC Private School!
Expections for ET Elementary School Students: